Sunday, April 09, 2006

Single and loving it!

It was always so hard for me to be single. In fact, I think the longest Ive been single before now was only like 6 months. I was always afraid of being alone and feeling lonely. I needed that crutch in order for me to function properly. Isn't that how most of us think? We think in order to be happy, you MUST have that special someone in your life. Well, thankfully, I don't agree with that anymore. I am happier now than I've ever been and oh...I'm single. I'm having a blast hanging out with my friends, figuring out all the pieces that I want to play with for my next big game, and learning about myself. I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about who I'm going to be with and when. I'm relieved knowing that I am going to be at my best when that someone stumbles into my life. I'm relieved to know that whomever it is, they are going to be extra special because I wouldn't settle on anything less...I don't have to.

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. Someone close to me said that she learned the one thing that is worse than being alone is wishing she were alone - this was after a series of failed relationships.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Yeah, being single can be a gift, it's just how you perceive it.
This is great! Thanks for the comment:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home