Sunday, April 09, 2006

My first lesson on living in the moment.

One thing that I'm learning right now is how to live moment to moment. It's hard for me because in the past, I've always been very careful about where my money was going and it "trained" me to live in the future opposed to living in the now. My parents live in the now. Jill and Gina do too. They all have done so many amazing things, traveling to different places, and just making the best out of the earnings they all work so hard for. I used to be envious of that, but now I realize that I don't have to be. I make money, I can do it too.

I didn't make this a challenge for me, but I should've. Madonna tickets went on sale today and the three of us had our computers ready to purchase. I came across two AWESOME seats that were $350 each. I stopped for a minute to listen to my opposing voice, but I went with my intuition. I KNEW how much I wanted to see Madonna in concert (saw her last year and she was amazing, but our seats sucked!), especially since her whole CD inspires me everyday. The thought of me not going seemed ridiculous...I mean its only $350 compared to having the experience of listening to MADONNA, the "Queen of Being," and spending the evening with all my close friends. I pushed the purchase button and I had an adrenaline rush. It was exciting and I can't wait! I'm sure $350 will make it back to me in some other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home