Saturday, May 13, 2006

Baby Thoughts

I used to hate saying the word "hysterectomy." Not only because I had one, it just sounds awful. How can a word have so much negativity to it? Probably because it means they literally ripped my female organs out. I've accepted it and I'm okay with it now. There was a time when I wasn't though. I really didn't like to be around newborn babies, I didn't know how to act or what to say to the new mother. I was being selfish, but who could blame me? I couldn't have what they had, so how could I relate? All of these thoughts always circling around in my head, it used to make me crazy. Thankfully, I get that it's not all about "Me" anymore. It's about celebrating the birth of a new life, the joy and happiness that he or she will bring to our families. Babies are miracles, whether they are perfectly healthy or not and that in itself is a beautiful thing.

My good friends back home, Kelly and Darren, just had a baby boy and they named him Aidan. Kelly sent me pictures and he's adorable, but I guess that was to be expected coming from two gorgeous people. I can't wait to go home to meet him in person. I'm really excited for them and I know they are going to make great parents. Two of my favorite people in the world just made a happy little family. There's nothing better than that!

I've known Ben and Katie since I moved to California six years ago. I always admired them as a couple, they were so cute and just "fit" together. I was sad when they moved away, but that's how life happens. We kept in touch for awhile, but then kind of drifted off while Gina kept me in the loop. When I heard they were pregnant, the only thought I had was, "Yeah, of course they are. These two amazing people SHOULD be spitting out babies because we need more of them around." Will is the new addition and I have yet to meet him. I am looking forward to it, not only for him but to express how happy I am for them both.

Kristen is pregnant with her third child and she's due in June. I know she is just as excited as I am for her, if not more. She's one of those natural moms, the kind that glows during her pregnancy and lights up when her children are around. The doctor's told her that she may not be able to have children and look at her now. Not only are Max and Ava the most beautiful children I know, they are extremely healthy and now she's having a third. Miracles do happen and they definitely have over and over again in our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home