Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

My mom is the best mom in the whole world (only my opinion). She loves us unconditionally as a mother should, but my mom is special. She's been through a lot with me, starting from the day I was born. I wasn't the healthiest baby, in fact I only had a 1% chance to live but we got through it together. Growing up, she always put us first. We never once doubted her love. We were spoiled kids, always getting what we wanted, but never forgetting how good we had it. She raised us with respect and honesty, something that children search for when growing up. She was at my bedside everyday, while I was in the hospital the second time in '95. I'll never forget seeing her face as I woke up from surgery. I felt safe. It was sad when she dropped us off at college. That last glance, right as she walked out of the dorms could've killed me. I saw how hard it was letting her twin daughters go. We had fun planning my wedding. She wanted me to have everything and I did. My divorce was tough, but I had her support which was very important to me. Telling my mom I was gay was easy. Of course, there were drinks involved, but her motherly instinct told her something was wrong. She cornered me and made me "spill it." I'll always love her for that because it's what I needed. I was in a self hating place during that time so she saved me in my eyes. She's been so accepting because she loves me for who I am. She flew out to Los Angeles and literally stayed with me in the hospital for a whole month. We went through it together, unfortunately my hormones were out of whack. I said some awful things to her at the end of my stay, I'll never forget it. Luckily, she forgave me...nothing like going through menopause during the same time as your mom! She's amazing. She started Horse-n-Around for underprivileged kids and fell in love with Michael, our foster brother. She took him in as he were her own, so that he'd have a family to come home to while he goes to college this fall. I love my mom and miss her so much. She's a special lady and everyone around her would say the same thing. She has a big heart and I am so lucky to have her as my mother.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Great mom's rule! I love mine too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home