Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Thursday morning thought...

I think I'm being tested. Everyone in my life either has a significant other or are on the way there. This is an unfamiliar space for me. Usually, I'm apart of the "I'm taken" group. I think it's good for me, my strength of being single is definitely shining through. I don't miss having a girlfriend, I don't feel lonely either. I like that a lot. I never used to have that mentality. I don't go looking and I'm definitely not on the prowl, it says a great deal of where I am today. I'm proud of that. I'm happy within myself and I know where I want to be...it's right here, right now. I'm learning a lot about who I am and what I bring to the table. I'm learning how to be with myself and not needing someone else. I'm learning what it means to be patient and having those expectations of someone I deserve. I'm learning to appreciate life and all the gifts that it brings. I'm loving my friends, that's all I need.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Josh said...

What a great place to be. I remember when I first became comfortable with being single. It took some work for me to get to that point but once I did it was very liberating. That's why two and a half years later, I'm still single and don't mind. What a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home