Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Being present is everything.

I was reading "The Power of Now" last night and it really occurred to me just how being present is literally the secret of living a happy life. I mean, I already knew that after taking the forum, but this book kind of reinforced that perception for me. Most people either live in the past or future, which causes anxiety, stress, anger, fear...you get the picture.

Take a minute, stop right now, become aware of your surroundings... are there any negative feelings? No, there can't be unless you're off in la la land and I'm the one stessing you out...I certainly hope that's not the case! Anyway, if you don't feel present, ask yourself if you're being present and immediately you'll become it. Ready...go!

If it worked, you shouldn't be thinking about the past or what is in store for you in the future. You're living in THIS moment, the one where YOU are staring at the screen, reading this post. Now that you're here, it's time to observe...what feelings are you having now? Do you feel anxiety or stress? No, because you're focused on what you're doing RIGHT NOW. It totally makes sense and I am going to keep practicing this. The more I practice, the longer I can be present over time, just like anything else in life. I want to become the most present human being that I possibly can. That way, I will take things as they come, I will stop worrying, I will get rid of my fears, I will be one happy and successful lady in each moment that I live. And, guess what? You can be too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home