Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sleepless Night

I'm dog sitting now, it's the house I will be at for two weeks. Jill and I are training three dogs along with Emmitt, while I'm here. They've never been crate trained, so we started them last evening. They wined for a little bit, but then eventually calmed down and fell alseep. Of course, this was when all the crates were downstairs and I wasn't trying to go to sleep yet.

After bringing the last crate upstairs, I had to carry four of them, I finally got all the dogs herded to the room. Thankfully they're all small dogs, it's not as stressful as if it would be with big ones. I put them all in their crates for bed, they really didn't like that, ESPECIALLY Emmitt. They made so much noise, but finally settled down. Well, Emmitt still wanted me to know he didn't like the arrangement, so he cried and cried for kind of a long time. Emmitt is used to sleeping with me, he's a spoiled one, so he wasn't tking no for an answer. In between his cries, he'd beat on the cage door. It was terrible. I'm not sure what time he finally fell alseep, but I was definitely awake for a long time after.


It was about 3am and I hear the littlest dog, Frankie, begin to cry. He's a Shi Tzu puppy, not potty trained, so his bladder is pretty small. It concerned me because they are not to go to the bathroom in their crates, which meant I had to get up. Then, the other three dogs start to cry, so I'm thinking that they all have to go to the bathroom. I let them out of their crates, we go downstairs and I open the door to let them out. That's when the alarm system kicked in. I set the alarm off, put in my code, but it didn't work. So I'm freaking out, running around, trying to figure out what to do next. Fortunate enough for me, their housekeeper, Tony, came out and saved the day. I was relieved! Needless to say, my first night here wasn't very restful.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Is Tony Itallian? lol I hope you're second night is better baby. Sleep well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home