Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Do It Anyway Game

I started playing a game with myself that I used to do in the beginning of my transformation. Anytime I want to get something done or go somewhere, if my head is making excuses to get out of it, I'll do it anyway. It's my own mental challenge and it actually ends up being fun. It's like telling my mind, "I'll show you and I'll win!" I found that when I make it a game, I'm much more productive and it creates new opportunities for me to practice the things I need to further my growth. Examples of this are running those annoying errands I make excuses not to or being in social settings I avoid at all costs even though I really want to be there. The minute I start talking myself out of things, I'll acknowledge it and do the exact opposite. It's powerful because the distinction between the mind and what's so becomes very clear. All those inner talks mean nothing and have nothing to do with reality and what I'm capable of. I'll admit it's definitely something to get used to, but when you do...it becomes second nature and your belief system of yourself becomes very positive. Why did I quit then you ask? Well, my mind took over and sometimes that will happen. The most important thing to know is you can always start again because every day is a new day. I did and these past few weeks have been incredible as far as my integrity goes. It really is a powerful way to be and I'm going to keep on playing and I invite you all to play too:)

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA!! Even you aren't the boss of you! :D
-carrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home