Monday, July 17, 2006

Landmark IS for everybody.

I've written many times about what Landmark is. I'm going to repost something I wrote awhile back:

"Life transformation is a scary thing, a difficult process that one must be ready to commit whole-heartedly to in order for it to work. It cannot be done without the willingness and open-mindedness of the person doing it; which leaves us with nothing but hope that our loved ones will take on this powerful journey.

Landmark Education is here to empower our thinking and the people around us. It teaches us the tools we need to live happily, freely, and peacefully in order for us to succeed. This education makes it possible to make our relationships grow stronger and to mend others where they're not complete."

I heard many times, during my SELP class, that people were frustrated they couldn't get their loved ones to go through. Just recently, I also experienced a resistance from someone who came to me for support. It's okay, it's an individual choice, it's not ours to make. People use the excuse that the Forum is not for them, but in all reality, it's for everyone. They teach logic, a new logic to "living." Everyone could benefit, bringing something new into their lives. Even those that don't think they need it, would still leave with a new understanding of life. What's there to lose if you're already happy...you'll be even happier?

The people who baffle me the most though are the ones who go through the beginning of the Forum and then bail. Their selfish act comes shining through, so much that they don't think twice and quit. They don't care how they affect people around them, as long as they don't have to deal with themselves. I had one of those during my weekend. She got all the way through until saturday evening, then left after all that work. Man, she must've saw some scary things, some ugliness just pouring through. The funny thing is, I did too. I felt I got punched in the stomach a few times, I wanted to hide out. I knew I was stronger than that, so I chose to stay and keep going. After all, I was there for a reason. I wanted to better myself and the way I lived...there was no turning back for me. I knew I had to confront all the pain, the misery, all the negativity I created. It was the only way I'd open my eyes and take responsibility for myself and my actions. I hated every minute, discovering this person I didn't know I was being. It made me sad acknowledging the way I viewed people and situations. I wasn't a bad person, I just needed a perception change.

My point: Everyone has room to grow, no matter who you are. Saying the Landmark Forum "isn't for me" can't be a true statement unless one has been through it and I mean all the way through. It's all about the experience when one allows themselves to have it. If being open-minded is not an option, then of course "it's not for you."

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Agreed. Having the ability to walk through life with an open mind is a true blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home