Sunday, July 16, 2006

My night.

I walked into the Landmark room, unknowing of what to expect. Our leader introduced herself, as her passion for the course just radiated through. The coaches sat in the back, observing, listening, taking notes for their time to choose who they would be coaching for the next 3 1/2 months. Each coach would be assigned to at least 3 to 4 people, intended to make small groups for the purpose of support and forming a new kind of team. I like that, it's such an intimate and comforting way to get to know people. I was really attached to my seminar group, so I can see how beneficial this will be.

It was the middle of the day, when all 45 participants had to do our "talks." Each one of us had to stand in front of the room and share who we are as a possibility (I am the possibility of being "action" and "strength.") and the act we're giving up (I am giving up the act that I have to be perfect.). Then we were asked to share our consistencies on what has been happening since the Advanced Course, and what has been stopping us. The purpose of this exercise was for the coaches to see who would best fit with them and their possibilities.

Last night, around 9:30, the coaches were ready to announce who they chose individually and as a group. They all stood in front of the room, taking turns reading the possibilities and the names attached to them. I was a bit nervous at first, but then I quickly got over it when I thought if there is no connection, it'd actually be a great test for me and my ability of acceptance. Alice steps forward and that's when my possibility was read. I was very excited to stand up and to choose her back as my coach. I looked at my group standing and felt at ease, I instantly knew we had something special. I couldn't have asked for a better group, we're going to kick some ass!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Josh said...

I'm so excited to hear that things went so well my love. That's awesome! I look forward to watching you kick ass on this new journey. Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home