Sunday, August 20, 2006

Life Games

I don't know why I just thought of this, maybe I have too much time reflecting upon life. For whatever reason, here's what I have to share. There are two different types of games in life and Landmark teaches one of them. The first game is individual, the one that everyone is encouraged to play. It's not manipulative, it's only dealing with one life and that is our OWN. This game focuses on the things we each want and where we want to go. It's a naturally unselfish way to live, it makes "living" fun! Sure, we can enroll other people into playing along, making it all a bit more interesting and maybe increasing the odds in getting the end results. The greatest thing about this game is nobody should ever get hurt by it, nobody is responsible for anyone else but themselves and that's the kind of game I like to play.

The second game is when an individual involves other individuals who are unaware they are playing. It's an unfortunate way of life that some people live. I've been caught up in a few myself, it hurts when the pieces begin to come together and reality sets in. It's on the same page as what I was talking about earlier with relationships. One moment, I'm feeling good and pretty confident on where things are with another person. Then in the next moment, a piece of the puzzle is exposed and things begin to unravel. All of a sudden, the game is full on and I'm just reading the directions. It's a hurtful place to be in, especially when it's going on behind the back. It's out of pure selfish intent, an unattractive way to be. This kind of game consists of lies, manipulation, and a lack of integrity. It's unfair and undeserving, a game that people don't often request to play, especially not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home