Friday, March 16, 2007

My New Act

My parents and Torri did the Advanced Course together last weekend, it kind of just happened like that. Thankfully, it was very successful. They all got a ton out of it and really got where I've been coming from with all this Landmark stuff. So much that my parents, Jill, and Gina declared together on Wednesday, while I wasn't there, that my act of "I'm not good enough" isn't my act at all. They came to a consensus that my act is "You're not the boss of me." HA! It TOTALLY fits in fact, it's still a running joke with my parents at home. They actually say it to each other when they're being funny because that's what I used to say growing up. Apparently, I was a stubborn one, not letting anyone tell me what to do and if they did, I'd do the exact opposite...pretty much the way I still live my life. Hehe. Gina told me they came up with a bunch of examples of this, I'm sure I can come up with a few myself but one word comes to mind when I think of this and it's resistance. I wrote about it before, I resist everything and that's where this act comes to play...

You don't think I should marry him? You're not the boss of me, watch! You think you can treat me like that? You're not the boss of me, I'm moving to California! You think you can put me to sleep with mass amounts of IV Ativan? You're not the boss of me, I won't sleep for two weeks! You don't think I should date her? You're not the boss of me, now I like her even more. You don't think Landmark will work? You're not the boss of me, I'm going to turn into a pretty butterfly! You want me to be like this as a coach? You're not the boss of me, I'll do it the way I want and I'll let everyone know about it! HA! Yep, this is my act, I couldn't agree more...

Nice work family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home