Monday, August 21, 2006

Should I? or Shouldn't I?

I was thinking a lot about this blog last night. I share many thoughts, a lot of personal things, and all my emotions that I'm feeling as each moment goes by. I really enjoy writing, which helps me sort everything I need in order to move forward. I really get what's going on when I'm doing it. It gives me the ability to find the source to why I'm upset, feeling down, and have so much emotion. When I'm writing something, my thoughts are just flowing onto the screen and most of the time, I don't think twice and just post it. I will admit though, there are moments when I do second guess myself afterwards, I begin thinking about what I just wrote and how people are going to read it. Then, I tell myself it's what I was feeling at the moment so get over it. Why do I choose to be so public about it? Well, I began the blog for support to others that did the Landmark Forum, I realized that many were going through this alone and I was reaching out. Of course, it didn't really turn out like that, it's mostly my family, friends, and occasional bloggers who read it. This reason alone keeps me going and keeps me being so open. My family loves to read it, they live in Ohio, it's a place where we can stay connected. Most of all my friends went through Landmark, so I enjoy sharing myself incase they can relate to something I'm going through and they won't feel so alone. Other bloggers will skim through a few posts, my purpose for them is inspiration incase they like something I've said. And then there's me. This is my way to practice vulnerability.

I wrote this post because there have been a few occasions where I've had to take a step back and reevaluate my intentions here because I am sharing a lot. I've questioned it a few times, I even brought it up to Marisa last week. Sometimes, I feel I'm sharing too much and it freaks me out for a moment, but then I realize...whatever! This is just me being me.

Thank you Jenn for that brief and funny conversation last night! I know you didn't intend it to go where I just went, but you got me thinking...HA! Happy reading:)

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Jamie, I did intend for that. I wanted you to realize just how much you've opened up and how true to yourself you've been lately. We all appreciate it and are more proud of you than you will ever know. A HUGE step for you my dear. :)
It's like a magical transformation before our eyes. And sometimes...you say the things we all want to say...but don't have the courage. Now THAT'S something everyone who stumbles upon this blog can appreciate. Love you Babe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home