Monday, February 05, 2007

Today

I'm having a fabulous day! I'm subbing for a 5th grade class in Los Feliz, they're being great. The energy level in here is so calm and relaxed, I feel very peaceful. I'm typing away while my students are at lunch, today couldn't go any better at this point. I think kids tend to pick up on the energies that teachers give off, they adapt to whatever it is and will behave accordingly. Sure, I'll have to speak to a few, to get them back on track, but it's no big deal and they listen. I said it before and I'll say it once more...if I chose to teach again, I would be a 5th grade teacher. I love where they are in their lives. It seems to be the time when a teacher can really make an impact in who they are being in the world and being related doesn't seem difficult. In fact, these kids were thrilled to see me today, I've subbed for them before. One girl asked me to come and eat brownies with her and her family after school. Ha! I just love observing these young minds. They will say and do what they want because fear hasn't become their reality yet. Damn society. Leave these kids alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home